Monday, June 15, 2015

Karen Burniston's June Designer Challenge - What's in a name?

This month Karen Burniston's Design Team was challenged to use dies with our initials - hence the title "What's in a name?"  I chose Rocky the Crab (of course), Ring Accordion and the mask from Props 3.
I die cut Rocky from Whisper White that had Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Sheet already applied to it - basically creating a sticker so I can cover it with True Red Silk Microfine Glitter.  I also did the same with the little shells but covered it with Solar Gold & Cool Diamond.

I created the sentiment using Alphabet 1 and the shell from Rocky the Crab to say "Let's Shell-A-Brate".  Funny story, my son likes to tell me this joke "How does a crab celebrate his birthday?"  The answer of course is "He shell-a-brates".  He knows I love puns and jokes.

I used the Ring Frame Edges to create a glittery sun effect on the rings.  I stamped the sentiment using a Stampin' Up! set called Endless Birthday Wishes.
Stop by the Elizabeth Craft Designs' blog on Wednesday when Karen will have a video tutorial and a post of the entire teams' creations.



Happy Stampin',
Raquel


To purchase Stampin' Up! products, please visit my online store.



To purchase Pop It Ups designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs, please visit your local independent craft store or online.


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments: