Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Chilly & Ring Accordion


Talk about exciting times, when I first saw Karen Burniston's latest dies I was so thrilled and just couldn't wait to get my hands on them.  I snipped them all apart & got to creating....like right away.  This was the very first card I created using Chilly the Penguin & the Ring Accordion die.

The Ring Accordion die cuts one panel just like Karen's other Accordion dies, I cut three for this card & attached them in the usual manner (tabs are mountain then valley).  The die comes with a scallop decorator piece that you will cut 4 times to go around the edges of the circles, I used Silver Glimmer on this card and it cut through perfectly.  

You can get 2 different looking penguins from the same die depending on how you cut the colors.  The girl penguin has the base piece in black with the accessory piece in white.  For the boy penguin, I did the opposite.  I used the Props die to make her bow & his hat.

I made the igloo with the circle die included in the Ring Accordion, cut the bottom off & used the Oval Accordion dies to make the door.  To accent the snow cubes I used Soft Sky Stampin' Write Marker & a ruler.


Happy Stamping,
Raquel

To purchase any Stampin' Up! products, please visit my online store.
To purchase any Karen Burniston's dies for Elizabeth Craft Designs, please visit your local independent craft retailer or visit them online.

All Supplies are Stampin' Up! unless noted

Dies: Ring Accordion, Chilly the Penguin, Oval Accordion, All Seasons Tree, Props (Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Paper: Silver Glimmer Paper, Winter Frost DSP, Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Whisper White
Other:  Soft Sky Stampin' Write Marker 
Transparent Silver Glitter Dots #7018, Merry Christmas Peel-Off Sticker #351 (Elizabeth Craft Designs)

4 comments:

  1. Love the two different penguins and your igloo

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute card! I love that new ring die of Karen's. Thank you for sharing with us at Inspiration Journal this month. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card! SO stinkin cute! Thanks for linking with IE this month.

    ReplyDelete